Monday, February 22, 2010

The Basics - My Life Story

My name is Emily...but you should already know that if you're reading this! Where I have been doesn't really matter much...so let's just talk about where I am.

I live in the sticks. No, really, my front yard contains lots and lots of sticks. We live so far in the country, we don't even lock our doors! Hey, if you can find my house, take what you want; you deserve a reward for finding it! (But if we're home, duck when you hear the *click-click*) It's great living in the woods! Mostly because you can let the dogs out while in your underwear. But sometimes I wish I lived closer to town. Once you go...there is no going home until you've done EVERYTHING you have to do. There is no "going home real quick".

The man that moved me to the sticks is Joseph. He is a perfectly flawed man. I won't pretend for a second that he is the best husband or father in the universe...but I love that man, and he loves his family. Even when he makes mistakes, I know he is still doing the BEST he knows how to do, and it wouldn't be right for me to ask more than that. We were married on March 5, 2005, so as of right now we have been married 4 years, 11 months, 16 days, and 21 hours....that's just a rough estimate, mind you.

On June 30, 2009 our lives were changed in ways we never thought possible. Our son, Harrison was born. He was born 4 weeks early and had to spend the longest 7 days of my (or his) life in the NICU. But like I said, where I have been doesn't matter, only where we are now. Now he is almost 8 months old and as chunky and healthy as they come!

These two men are my world...I would do anything for them! (Except laundry apparently) This blog is going to be about our lives together and how I feel about it. I have never been able to keep my own secrets, so as always, this blog will be To Much Information!

2 comments:

  1. seeings how i know where your house is...I'm going to take this as permission to come steal whatever i may please!
    hahaha kidding!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey emily! i found your blog through emily (wheat)!!! your baby boy is just tooooo precious! keep blogging.. im gonna follow you :)

    ReplyDelete