Monday, February 22, 2010

Kids give you revelations...is there a prescription for that?

So many people told me that when I had my son I would feel more love than I ever thought possible.  I was even told that I would love him more than my husband.  Well...that's just not true; or at least not ALL true.  I don't love my son any more than my husband, but it is different.  It's not that I had never loved anybody that much before...I love my husband a TON!  But I had never loved anybody that much before that hadn't earned it.  My husband romanced me; all Harrison did was grow in me then pop out!  


On this note, I had an awful, wonderful revelation the other day.  


My son is THE most important person in my life.  


Not necessarily in terms of priorities.  I mean, if Joseph and I needed a date night, but Harrison wanted me to stay home...I'd be out the door nurturing my relationship with my husband, no question.  My revelation was more along the lines of devotion and loyalty.  Everyone in my life is capable of doing something that would make me want to remove them from my life.  Joseph could cheat on me; my friends could back-stab me; my parents could betray me.  But Harrison could do NOTHING that would make me want to remove him from my life!  I may not agree with something he did/is doing, but I would still want to be a part of his life no matter what.  


What an amazingly new feeling!

1 comment: